From the Forums Friday 2008-02-29
I think if I did the math right the next time we have a “From the Forums Friday” on February 29th it will be in the year 2036! I wonder what GPS will look like then…. But for now, here is what we’ve got this week.
- A new firmware update for Nuvi 610/660/680 owners was noted.
- Editing POIs on a TomTom can sometimes be confusing because the process differs if you are trying to edit a built in POI (use MapShare) or edit a custom POI. We straighten things out.
- owners are hankering for a version 7 update. TomTom? Eclipse? Anyone? Version 7 actually runs on the DUO, but you loose all CD, radio, and iPod audio features.
- Magellan is trying to hire some senior support people… Let’s hope that can only bring good news for future Magellan support.
- Staying with Magellan, a user offers up their review of the Maestro 3225 and another user offers up a way to add about 6 million POIs to it.
- Finally a user documents their Maestro 4250 power issues.
Keep driving and posting!