From the Forums Friday 2008-03-14
After lots of fun debates in the forums last week, most everyone was feeling like they owed everyone else a beer this week. But still lots of good threads came about in the forums.
- Want to plan a trip from your PC? Several options are mentioned from first and third party applications
- No, there isn’t a difference in routing quality between a $150 GPS and a $700 GPS from the same brand with the same maps.
- We help the Shelby County Sheriff’s office track down the owners of GPS devices they have recovered. Good info in there for all GPS owners.
- Nuvi owners want to avoid specific roads without using a via point. Not a new request by any means. And some 200 series owners are looking for that zip code lookup.
- When the GPS says “keep left” that doesn’t really mean “turn left”, it is just trying to be helpful and make sure there isn’t any ambiguity about where to go.
- TomTom owners reminisce about how they used to be able to flip the display upside down on many models, but not the newer lines.
- Sometimes we hear from people that think the text to speech voices are difficult to understand (even the good ones) and switch back to the recorded voices.
- And finally, we hear this from time to time… a TomTom owner discovers that their GPS knows some shortucts that they didn’t even know about and didn’t trust at first.
Back with more great posts next week!