From the Forums Friday 2008-03-21
Some good nuggets in the forums this week, so let’s get right into it.
- Magellan Maestro owners with AAA POIs on their devices who are also AAA members can get quarterly updates for your Maestro.
- How Nuvi 700 series owners can upgrade their devices to get MSN Direct 2 services.
- While it seemed like an isolated issue at first another Nuvi 700 series owner has had some trouble on the reboot after a firmware update.
- A TomTom 920 owner here in the States reports a successful trip to France with his 920.
- We discuss just how detailed the Lane Guidance on the upcoming TomTom models will be.
- With the new IQ Routes coming out on TomTom models, users wonder if that functionality will eventually make it into their older units. On one hand I’d guess “no” since it is a primary new feature on the new devices. On the other hand they are using data that many TomTom users have helped TomTom build by opting into the “collect anonymous trip statistics” portion of HOME. Therefore there is a good argument that the data should be made available to those who helped TomTom build it.
- Speaking of new firmware updates, those who used the trick to enable voice recognition on their 720’s have found that it is no longer working after the recent firmware update this week.
- Info on another video player for TomTom devices.
- Eclipse AVN2210p owners wonder if they will ever get an update to version 7, let alone version 8.
- A Magellan Crossover owner wonders if anyone anywhere has ever got the traffic service to work?