From the Forums Friday 2008-03-28
Quite an exciting week this week with the Dash release. GPS users are starting to think ahead to summertime outdoor activities and as such discussion surrounding handheld models is starting to increase. Here are the forum highlights for this week.
- A few weeks ago we posted Do I Need an SD Card for my GPS? Though we still get questions from people who are trying to be up-sold on SD cards.
- Rich mentioned this before and now other users seem to confirm that the traffic receiver attached to a Nuvi sometimes gives reports after the subscription has expired.
- There is a new update out for some of thethe Nuvi devices, version 2.70. Seems to be going much better than the most recent TomTom x20 software update which has killed voice recognition.
- A TomTom 720 owner reports that his GPS automatically turns on when the car is turned on. A feature the 720 doesn’t ordinarily have, but many people desire. This one is still a mystery.
- A short discussion on what the Garmin gstart program is for. At least to my knowledge.