Sprint Offers GPS Fleet Tracking Through Precision Locator Wireless Devices
Sprint announced the launch of Sprint Precision Locator. This solution is easy-to-use and quick-to-implement and helps small and large businesses track fleets and mobile workers. Businesses can ultimately enhance productivity and response times to customers by locating, mapping and messaging with resources in the field.
Sprint Precision Locator provides a powerful tool for dispatchers or supervisors who are monitoring a mobile workforce of a small or large company by allowing them to:
* Access interactive maps with full panning and zooming capabilities to easily locate a worker or group of workers without interrupting field productivity
* Set schedules and have the application identify the location of a mobile device or group of mobile devices to ensure specific tasks are performed at designated times
* Create landmarks on maps that are important to the business, such as offices and warehouses, and track if an employee leaves or enters established landmarks
* Use reporting functionality to track mobile workforce location history to determine where efficiencies can be gained
* Use text messaging feature to reach a mobile worker or group of workers
Phoenix-based Ace Asphalt has been trialing Sprint Precision Locator and is excited about the results. “We knew a tool such as this would help us manage our mobile workforce, but experiencing it first hand has been invaluable to understanding the benefits of real-time tracking and messaging,” said Darin Soll, CIO, Ace Asphalt. “Replacing traditional radios with wireless phones and Sprint Precision Locator in our trucks provides a double win for usâ€”more reliable field communications AND the ability to track the movements and whereabouts of those resources without the need for additional GPS hardware.”
Sprint Precision Locator offers a single bill from Sprint for the application, and for a low monthly fee per user, companies have access to the Web-based application that is password-protected for privacy and can:
* Locate each mobile device up to 1,000 times per month
* Determine if a device is on or off up to 100 times per month
* Send up to 50 SMS messages from the application to a mobile worker per month
This location tool combines Sprint Business Mobility Framework capabilities with the application development expertise of WaveMarket, a world leader in carrier-grade location-based services. Sprint Precision Locator also makes optimal use of WaveMarket’s patented WaveAlertTM technology, tracking software and Microsoft MapPoint Web Service, an open-standards-based development platform for creating mapping and location-aware applications and services.
“As an easy and inexpensive solution to purchase and implement, businesses can immediately realize the enhanced efficiencies of tracking, directing and messaging with mobile workers,” said Vicki Warker, vice president of marketing and product, Sprint Business Solutions. “We’re excited to team with WaveMarket and Microsoft to help make location-based services real for our business customers through Sprint Precision Locator.”
Sprint Precision Locator leverages the core capabilities of the Sprint Business Mobility Framework (launched this May), including locating a mobile device, determining a device’s status and the ability to intelligently message mobile workers through an application. Sprint Business Mobility Framework adds to the already robust Sprint mobility portfolio aimed at driving improvements in productivity, operating costs and customer satisfaction for business customers.