TeleType WorldNav 3000 XL GPS
TeleType Company is launching an innovative product that blends cutting-edge vehicle GPS navigation with MP3 player technology. The all-in-one device, called WorldNav 3000 XL, is a portable, in-car navigation system that offers door-to-door GPS guidance with simple spoken instructions. The official release date for the product is scheduled for Sept. 15, 2005.
WorldNav 3000 XL’s exciting convergence of portable in-car navigation with the immense popularity of the MP3 player makes it possible for travelers to not only reach their destination with greater efficiency, but to easily carry along their favorite music. There is no other product on the market that offers the exceptional utility, simplicity and affordability of this new piece of gadgetry.
“WorldNav 3000 XL is stylish, lightweight and easy to use, and we are excited to offer this device for a very reasonable price,” said Marleen Winer, a spokesperson for TeleType.
Based on TeleType’s award-winning GPS product line, WorldNav 3000 XL is a compact system that weighs less than 8 ounces. The device is user-friendly and simple to operate, making it easy for drivers to get from Point A to Point B. To operate the system, drivers simply touch the screen where a simple menu is presented similar to in-dash navigation systems. The driver is then guided along the desired route effortlessly. Drivers can navigate directly to a point of interest (POI) using the extensive POI database included, or an exact business or home address, or even a desired intersection.
“The WorldNav product will be launched initially in the United States, Canada, and Puerto Rico. Localization and distribution is being expanded worldwide,” Winer said.
Currently, the WorldNav 3000 XL offers the following features and benefits:â€¨
- Pre-installed, street-level maps for the entire USA, including Puerto Rico. A Canadian bundle will also be offered.
- Visual and voice prompts to direct drivers directly to their final destination point.
- Various settings that allow drivers to create the best possible routes.
- MP3 Player that can be used with your own SD or MMC card for expanded storage
- Can be mounted to the windshield and easily moved from car to car
- 3D view with pan and zoom functions
- Points of interest, landmarks, gas stations, restaurants, etc.
- USB cable for connection to PC for data and music transfer
- High-resolution touch screen with large buttons
The WorldNav 3000 XL is the latest in a long line of products created by TeleType to provide unique and versatile solutions for land, air and water navigation. Notable innovations by the company include: the first aviation navigation product for use on PDAs in flight, the first program to offer combination vector-based marine and car navigation for Pocket PCs, the first 16-channel Bluetooth receiver with 20 hours of battery life. Pushing the envelope of technology for Pocket PC computing, TeleType created the first program to offer the combination of street, air, water, land navigation with live weather, live traffic, topographic and aerial map support on Pocket PCs and Windows CE devices.